Jobs in Construction
Jobs in Joss Construction
Joss Construction is a division of Colin Joss & Co, Pty Ltd which is a privately owned company established in 1975 with the Head Office in Albury NSW. We have experienced significant growth within the ACT Region with significant project opportunities to be tendered. To support this and future project opportunities Joss is seeking the appointment of a full time Estimator to be based in our Canberra Branch with support from the Albury estimating and submissions team.
Our reputation is built on our successful delivery of complex and challenging projects. This is achieved through the technical and professional capability of our people and our collaborative approach towards the common goal to deliver high quality solutions.
The successful applicant will have the ability to carry out a wide variety of duties throughout the estimating process including receiving and reviewing tenders, cost plan development and management through design development, and coordination with the submission team to deliver final tender submission that complies fully addresses the project RFT documentation. You will be proficient with estimating software and have proven experience winning commercial projects, with exposure to the ACT region would support your application.
You will be self-motivated, have the ability to work to tight deadlines and possess excellent interpersonal skills to support the existing business and assist with future growth.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Australia in an estimating role with a mid or top tier commercial construction company.
- The role is to be based in Canberra, so either current local experience or recent Canberra experience is essential.
- Experience with D&C, CM and lump sum delivery models essential to support your application.
- Ability to work in a team and support the projects for cost management and trade letting desirable.
- Experience with assistance in development of submission documentation is highly desirable.
- Understanding and delivery of projects that utilise GC21 head contract also highly desirable.
If you are enthusiastic and feel you meet the above requirements and seek a career in an established and progressive Company, please submit your application by Friday 30th October 2020.
A pre-employment medical is required for this position.
Alternatively, please follow the link below to see our current listings on Seek