Coombs P-6 School
The Coombs P-6 School (Preschool to Year 6) Project involved the design, construction and maintenance of the new school on a Greenfield site at Coombs ACT.
Providing a 21st century learning environment with capacity for 22 students per class room and a flexible learning environment allowing for changes in pedagogy (teaching methods) over the life of the school.
The school comprises seven single storey buildings approximately 9400m2 in area and accommodating:
• A capacity of 712 students, 124 places for preschool (in two sessions of 62), and 588 places for Kindergarten to Year 6, in 4 streams
• General Learning Units of two-year groupings (P-K, 1-2, 3-4, 5-6)
• Administration, Reception and Staff Facilities
• General Purpose Hall/Canteen
• Central Resource Centre
• Early Learning Centre (Preschool & Kindergarten)
• Outdoor education spaces and extensive landscaping works.